1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Buying a 9098 :)

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by RandomGuest, Jul 17, 2001.

1. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001

Not right now but maybe one day, finally had the pleasure to try out the 9098 for a few hours, did a quick mix....its what a board SHOULD sound like without a doubt.

I liked the bottom end on it, alot tighter than many of the other boards ive dealt with. and nice and roomy on the top end. Didnt have much time to screw with the computer :). I have 12 hours friday night to have some fun, grab a bottle some smokes and do a little mixing...my old lady is already worried she wont be seeing me :)

Ohh by the way....is it me...or does anyone else have a sucky time working on ssl boards? GOD not to slam ssl but for ^#$%s sakes it would take me 3 or 4 times the amount of time to get the sound I was looking for than say an old neve or api desk, oh....thats right...maybe ssl doesnt have a sound? hehe or atleast a sound that my ears dislike.

2. miketholen

miketholen Guest

and then dream about your next session!

SSL's sound pretty fucken wretched next to this beast.
    or next to anything almost.
  3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    I think I'm about to have a heart attack, or the end of the world is right around the corner...Mike Tholen and I actually agree on something...this is scaring me.