1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Buying Home Studio Gear (Need Help!!)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Lewis1990, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Lewis1990

Lewis1990 Guest

I need some advice on what gear i should buy to help me record at home, have already have speakers and a computer, but i need some advice on what mixer (or something like that) to record with. On the mixer i will need about 8 mic inputs, for a drum kit! I'm looking to spend about £200-300.

If anyone can help that would be great.

2. casper

casper Guest

Id look at this reference first.

For your application I would look at the Presonus Firepod. It has the 8 mic pres. You dont need the mixer. You can control everthing with the software mixer provided. It has a headphone monitor. You just connect it to a !EEE1394 firewire port on your PC or Mac and load the drivers and software. It comes with Cubase LE (PC only) which can do 48 tracks. It also has MIDI I/O to connect a keyboard. The computer speakers are not good for monitoring you are best to mix your tracks with a good pair of phones like Sennheiser HD280's or ?? I would save up for some proper studio monitors that will make it easier to translate your mixes to different stereo systems. See the guide for more about that subject.