1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

C4

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by anonymous, Nov 2, 2004.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I just bought a pair of Studio Projects C4 mic's. I wanted to know if anyone else has a problem with getting the mic clips that come with them to hold on to the mic really tightly?

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Luke,
    Alan Hyatt mentioned once a while back that this problem occured on some of the clips... Drop him an email at alanhayatt@pmi.com ... and he will see to it you get some new clips that will hold the mics better.

In the mean time, you can still use the mics by holding them in by placing a small strip of gaffers tape around the mic body where the clip holds it.

3. Kurt Foster

Luke,
    Alan Hyatt mentioned once a while back that this problem occured on some of the clips... Drop him an email at

alanhyatt@pmi.com

... and he will see to it you get some new clips that will hold the mics better.

In the mean time, you can still use the mics by holding them in by placing a small strip of gaffers tape around the mic body where the clip holds it.

4. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

geee.... i'm ordering a pair next monday! i hope they come alright cause i'll be recieving them here...

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

C4 mic clips

Thanks Kurt! I emailed Alan. Hopefully he will be able to get back to me soon.

6. radioliver

radioliver Guest

Tell me how you like them once you get to use them. I'm very interested in buying a pair. (319$ shipped for a pair of mics is a really good deal)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guests

C4 mic clips

Hello Kurt,
    I have not heard anything back from Alan about the mic clips.
    I was curious if you know any other ways to try and contact him?
    Regardless, Thanks for all your help man!!!!
    :D

8. Kurt Foster

Dude,
    He's probably "coming down" from the AES show in SF ... give it some time, you will hear from him. I knew it was going to take some time because of the show ... that's why I suggested the tape trick to hold you over.

Alan is very good when it comes to customer service ...

9. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

It's funny you mentioned this because I have the opposite problem with the C4 shockmounts. Mine are so tight that I'm afraid I'm going to destroy the mic putting it in or taking it out. I guess I can't complain though it's better than it falling out. I've had mine for a few months now and love them. I use them for drum overheads and accoustic guitar and they sound even better than I expected.
    A great sounding matched pair of SD's for $319 w/ case and shock mounts, you just can't beat it!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guests

C4 mic's

Sounds like there is a problem with the way these clips are manufactured. Thanks for the reply Big D
    I would have never thought it
    However, glad to hear that you like them so much.
    Looking forward to trying mine out :p

11. anonymous

anonymous Guests

C4 mic clips

I never heard anything back from Alan Hyatt. Is there anyone else I could try to contact to get these?