1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

C414EB Questions

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Angus Podgorny, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Last weekend, I had the privelege of recording Drums (a well-maintained 1967 Ludwig 4-piece with brand new Evans heads) in a large renovated barn, with AKG C414 EB's as overheads; All while my Fiance' was out tasting wedding cakes with my mother. What a nice weekend it was.

Anywho, The C414EB's were the silver model, a matched set, in mint condition.

Does anyone have any idea how much they are worth?

I told the the guy who owned the mics that the pair was probably worth about $1500, which was a value I pulled out of my nose.

Ironically, He purchased them a few years ago from the estate of the guy who recorded the Philadelphia Orchestra for WFLN... $50 each.
  2. ironsheik

ironsheik Guest

They go for anywhere between $500 for worn to $800 (and sometimes more!) I bought mine for $615 and it's in great shape. I like it a lot. I'm looking for another so I can use them for overheads.

3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    I picked up an old one for $550 locally. The other day I threw it over a rack tom and got the best sounding tom of my life - only problem was I didn't have a couple more for the other toms - and the sound was so much better that the drummer instinctively played on that tom almost the whole session!
  4. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Could I get that guy's number?
  5. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Excellent kick-ass drummer from Boston with great kit, who does a lot of session work in NYC as well. If you're serious, PM me and I'll give you name and number.