1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cable query - HELP!

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by the_gid, Jun 1, 2005.

1. the_gid

the_gid Guest

hi all.

i have got a set of MSP5's - each has 2 line sockets on the back, 1 XLR (female) and 1 standard Jack (guitar cable size)

Now, my audio interface only has Jack outputs for the monitors...

-i went and bought the wrong cables..I got Jack to (female) XLR! (idiot I know)

my question is - If I use Lynx Male XLR adapters (effectively switching my female XLR connections for male ones) will I lose signal or sound quality in a dramatic way??

Thanks for any help in advance - i am closely monitoring this post! :D

2. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

"Gender benders" shouldn't be a significant problem...

I'd replace/return the cables if you can at some point, but don't lose any sleep over it.

3. dynomike

dynomike Guest

Those standard "jacks" are just called 1/4" TRS. If, in fact, they are balanced. A guitar cable is TS, which is unbalanced.

Not a big deal to use gender benders, but it would be even better to return the cable and buy the correct one I suppose.

4. the_gid

the_gid Guest

that's cool,
    thanks.

1/4 TRS - yes I know but standard Jacks are called so many things these days i prefer to clarify.

-i'm not returning the cables because I can't really be bothered to post them to scotland.

thanks again