1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cable...what should i buy?

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by osmuir, Apr 3, 2001.

1. osmuir

osmuir Member

ok. i now have some dope gear, but i think good cable will make all the difference [as in i'm using a friggin' RADIO SHACK spdif cable from my APOGEE rosetta to my paris rig. ^#$%ed up, i know]

so good patch/mic/digital cable?

and where to get it...

also: any input on good power conditioning?

i want clean power so i can actualy tell distortion from fuckign dirty power.

--owen

2. Furman makes a line of balanced power converters that claim to reduce noise floor by several dB (maybe 10-12?). A friend has one and he swears by it (not at it).

Mogami, Monster, Canare, and Belden all make excellent cable.

Oops, almost forgot, where to buy. GC/Mars/whatever should have a S/PDIF cable of acceptable quality. Be prepared to pay out the nose for it. Maybe someone else can provide suppliers for custom cable.

3. Punchmo

Punchmo Member

Hello David,

Try http://www.markertek.com. They offer cables or all the connectors and cables for you to make it or, they custom make 'em.

4. proaudio101

proaudio101 Guest

I use Canare 110ohm AES, or 75ohm if you need SPdif. Its flawless as far as I can tell. I custom make them in any length with gold ends and silver solder. email me if you need something. :cool: