1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

CAD M9 Valve mic

Discussion in 'Recording' started by C9productions, Oct 26, 2003.

1. what do you all thik of this mic.. i got rid of my adk at51tc a little while ago and needed something to replace it.. i picked up the m9 very cheap...
    i'm in the middle of building a nice studio and by all means the m9 isn't my best mic.. but i figured not everyones voice is gonna sound good on a kiwi and a u87ai.. i still have some other mics to pick up

for now i think i'll be running a Vipre or a langevin mic pre.. then expand and get a great river

2. XHipHop

XHipHop Guest

I love it on acoustic guitar (lots of high end sparkle in a good way...great for a rock mix where you need it to come through) and sometimes in front of drum kit. Every once in a while i throw it on vocals and am usually very pleased with the results.

3. good to hear that.. i know when i used it on vox after letting it warm up for an hour the vox sounded so smooth and had a great prox. effect

4. anyone else

5. dnafe

dnafe Active Member

just got mine in and will be putting it through its paces soon, sorry can't be of more help, except a reliable source called it a real sleeper.

Don

6. Johnson Cabasa

Johnson Cabasa Active Member

I have one, it puts my TLM-103 to shame. I was really amazed at how big it sounded.

7. by

by Guest

Anyone happen to know how it compares to the VSM?

8. same with my tlm193..
    do you still have the stock tube in it? mine messed up over the weekend.. its a sovtek 12ax7wa.. i had Guitar center switch it to a groove tubes ecc83 tube.. wow.. big difference.. you may wanna try it. i'ma save some money for a nos telefunken tube :)
    and over this weekend i just used it with my console pres(tascam m2600) can't wait to hear it with my outboard pres..

9. i wanna save up or sell a few things and get the sebatron 2000E or A-Designs mp1 to use with it..