1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cakewalk Pro 9 or Cool Edit Pro 2.0?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jaredbyline, Feb 26, 2003.

1. jaredbyline

jaredbyline Guest

I just started recording with a friend's old copy of Cakewalk Pro 9, but I have heard good things about Cool Edit Pro 2.0. Any comments? Which one is the best, or rather which one will be the easiest for a beginner to use well?

2. robchittum

robchittum Guest

jared,
    Are you wanting to multitrack straight to one of these software programs, or are you mixing from something else (standalone DAW)? I have used Cool Edit Pro a bit, and find it to be easy as hell to navigate, and think it sounds very good. Historically, I have tracked to a stand alone unit (Yamaha AW4416) and then mix to CE Pro. Very easy and I can highly recommend it. They have excellent tech support as well. Good luck.

Rob

3. dougroane

dougroane Guest

jared,

if you will be doing MIDI, cakewalk is definitely the best. for straight audio, I'd go CEP 2.0

4. jaredbyline

jaredbyline Guest

I am recording directly into my computer through a Lexicon Core2 (grumble grumble). I don't use midi, just regular audio, and at most 4 tracks at once.