1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cakewalk Sonar X2a Touchscreen Demo

Discussion in 'Sonar' started by audiokid, Jan 25, 2013.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Here's a demo of the new touchscreen interface of Sonar X2a by Cakewalk and the new plugin CA-2A at the NAMM Show 2013.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

These touch screens, do you need a special screen or will any screen work?

3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Wow. That is groovy.

Right up until the time that a client eating chicken wings decided to reach up and tweak something. LOL

This is a dangerous/risky time of year for me. The wife knows - from experience - to lock up the Visa card. ;)

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

You need a touch capable screen. There are kits that will give you touch capability for your screen BUT, they aren't cheap and AFAIC they aren't worth it. Better off waiting for the price of touch screens to come down. By that time Windows 8 will have had many major bugs worked out. Not that there are any major bugs that I know of.

5. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0DS5ixZjY" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

6. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

I like it! but as Hueseph mentioned, waiting until the pricing comes down bugs have been worked out is a good idea.