1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Can anyone identify this amp?

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by ThirdBird, Nov 23, 2011.

  1. ThirdBird

    ThirdBird Active Member

    Imageshack - 1003564q.jpg

  2. Kapt.Krunch

    Kapt.Krunch Well-Known Member

    That sure reeks of late 70's Univox/Unicord. Try searching "Univox (or Unicord, or Westbury, or Lafayette) 65", and I'll bet something pops up.

    Does it have tubes, or is it SS? I've got a few cool and fun Univox items, a couple tape delays, one of those Jetsons's-looking blue/maroon w/orange U1011 loud monsters w/the funky 8-10 cab, and a little U45B that thinks it's an early-Stones crunch-machine.

    Anyway, I'm guessing "65" paired with one of those four brand names will pull up something in a search.

  3. moonbaby

    moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

    Looks like a STAGE brand amp. These are the later models of Univox ( good call, KK!). Solid-state probably late-70's Japanese. I like the "clipping" control :)
  4. ThirdBird

    ThirdBird Active Member

    I guess the grill must have been replaced. I believe it is solid-state. The reverb knob is really dirty..... is there an easy way to clean it?
  5. Davedog

    Davedog Distinguished Member

    Univox or Marlboro.....maybe.

Share This Page