1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Can this do the job?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Ufele, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Ufele

Ufele Guest

Somebody asked this question in another forum and I am very interested in the answers and suggestions you guys have because this is a rig I can afford since I already have most of the things.

I would like all ye experienced guys out their to tell me what is missing (or rather what else you recommend for a demo studio).

Beringer MX802A
    Korg D12
    Omni Studio Pack (M-Audio)
    Acid pro 3
    Cool edit pro 1.2
    Fruity Loops 3
    Nuendo
    T-tracks and a whole lot of VST and DXplug-ins

CAN THIS (+ talent and know-how) DO THE JOB?

Reply please...Responde por favor...R.S.V.P

2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

All I know is that Acid is supposed to be a great software.
    :)

3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

All I know is that Acid is supposed to be a great software.
    :)

4. drumsound

drumsound Active Member

I think you could do a lot with that set-up. You need to add some monitors and microphones to the set-up. You are limiting you amount of inputs at this point, so you will have to work one instrument at a time. If you’re working alone on your own material that's fine. If you want to work with bands you'll need more inputs into the computer. I don't see the need for Cool Edit and Nuendo. If you're not going to work outside of your room, I also don't see the need for the Korg, it's redundant. It seems like you're spending money foolishly buying a stand-alone unit and 2 programs that do very similar things. This could be a very good learning system. You may be able (in time) to make some very cool recordings with this set-up. Just remember that the SONG (not the gear) is KING!

5. Ufele

Ufele Guest

Thanks Drumsound.
    I appreciate your input though I don't understand..."you are limiting your amount of inputs".....How many inputs can one have with this rig?

Hi Jules,
    I expected more from you. Thanks all the same.

6. erockerboy

erockerboy Guest

Uhhh... I don't think he's ever *used* Acid. I know *I* haven't and therefore can't comment on it.

I have, however, *taken* acid a time or two... but that's another thread.

:eek:

As far as the rest of your rig, sounds like you've probably got enough "stuff" to do some damage. I would say that the "talent and know-how" part of the equation are ALWAYS far more critical than the "gear" part, in my experience.

Good luck!