1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

can you please tell me what mic is this

Discussion in 'Recording' started by NINO1, Dec 12, 2007.

1. NINO1

NINO1 Guest

here is the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MqXZ7rWgDVE&feature=related

2. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

I vote that it's an Audio Technica ATM-4033 (which I'll be posting samples of on Snare later today!!!)...

BTW, looks like he's wearing a pair of AKG K-44 Headphones, in case you wanted to ask that question next...

3. Groff

Groff Active Member

It looks like AT 4050

4. TheBear

TheBear Guest

ya it either an at-2020, 4033-40-41-etc. one of those many models that look the same.

5. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Yup. No doubt about it.

Or it could be the MUCH higher end K-55s (tongue in cheek...) I have 4 pair of 55s and 2 pair of 44s in the studio here and couldn't tell the difference between the 2 models if it weren't for the numbers.

2020...nah - nothing close.
    4041 = small diaphragm (pencil) condenser...probably not
    Could be the 4040, but that's not the shockmount that comes with the 4040 - it comes with the new 4033. However, the shock for the 4033 will fit the 4040, so it is possible.

Not quite tall enough. The 4050 has a bit more height than both the 4040 and 4033.

Oh, and it's not the 4047 since the color's all wrong...

Yup, I vote with Bent - 4033 all the way.

I hope he realizes he's recording over his previous take instead of just arming a new track....oops.

6. TheBear

TheBear Guest

i think i can bow down now.

7. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Why?? Because some of us are absolute geeks and have gear catalogs on the back of our toilet seats?? ;-)

8. TheBear

TheBear Guest

someday ill upgrade my subscription of spin magazine to such gear catalogs.

im not worthy thus far :'(

b&h maybe? dbl? who knows...one can only dream of such things for now.

9. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Jeremy said:
    I think I'm wrong about the phones, they don't look like they have the ultra mud inducing bumps on the side like my K44s.

So, is it the K55, or another model?