1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

CAR WOOFER FOR THE STUDIO?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by philipjent, Mar 15, 2007.

1. philipjent

philipjent Guest

Whats up I was wondering if putting two enclosed 12" woofers made for car audio in the studio would work. Would it be effective?

2. I have used a 12" sub in a box as a sub kick. It works well. I wouldn't try to monitor with them though. Monitor with them...in your car :)

Neil

3. philipjent

philipjent Guest

Right I have Event monitors to mix with, but I was wondering if I could just take the woofers in a box and add them to my over all system to get a decent low end. I dont want to use the woofers for mixing at all. So your saying this will work?

4. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

if your careful about the cabnett you put them in... AND have a separate output on your card that can be low passed.... AND have separate amps for them.... THEN maybe it could work well....

5. philipjent

philipjent Guest

Ok well heres the deal . Basically I have a receiver that has 4 speakers ( thats not for mixing) on it already along with a cd player and so on. I think I will have to buy a different receiver that has inputs dedicated for a woofer. I think it might work? lol

6. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

spin again vanna....