1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

CD Duplication Inquiry?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by woods, Jan 13, 2005.

1. woods

woods Guest

Just received Primera Technology Bravo II

Where can I get the BEST BEST deal on Taiyo Yuden printable disks, Primera ink cartridges, jewel cases, jewel case inserts (front and back) preferably glossy, Shrink wrap and heat gun stuff. One stop shop for all would be nice. But I realize the Shrink wrap stuff may be separate shop. I have been quoted $37 for 100 Taiyo Yuden white disks. And 16 cents each for jewel cases (don't know if assembled or not) but in lots of 400 or more.

Anybody know of the absolute best prices for that stuff?

And where to get a cheapo shrink system (plastic wrappers and a hand held shrink sealer / cutter and the heat gun?????

Nice to see this thread. I had been researching Gearslutz and Pro Sound Web and Recording.org for about 6 months prior to purchasing the Bravo II. Not really alot of good feedback. For whatever reason??

So I'll try this thread now.

I decided to get the Bravo II CD publisher/duplicator. I am having trouble getting it to work with my laptops USB. It will print ok with the USB 1. Bit I don't have USB2. So I tried a couple of different USB2 pcmcia cards. But it will not do the robotic duplication. I am waithing for one more card to arrive (manuf by SIIG) Primera recommends this as the only one they had any real luck with - but still would not absolutely guarantee that it will work with my IBM laptop. The only REAL solution may be to purchase a system with USB2 built in.

The Primera crowd are nice to talk to until you actually purchase then they basically DK you. (don't know you)

I found that a real drag. And if I had more time I would pursue it all the way to somebody who could actually straighten them out.

Thanks,
    Woods

2. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Well, with computers it is rarely a good idea to run something using the minimum requirements. In this case you are below the recommended minimum system requirements, which include USB 2.0, Pentium III 700mhz or higher, 512MB RAM, NTFS hard drive.

3. woods

woods Guest

Yeh I hear you. That's why I'm trying to find a USB2 card that wilol work. As far as the rst I have P4, 1.4 mhz, 728 ram.

Can you comment on the other stuff in my post -- re printable media, jewel cases, etc.?

Thanks,

Woods

4. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Sure,
    $.37/disc is right on for the inkjet-printable, non-hub printable Taiyo Yuden discs. If you order carton quantities you should be able to pay less. $.16/jbox sounds REALLY good if this is the jbox/tray combo, given the current increases in plastics. If this is just the clear jbox part only (no tray), then the price is not so good. I don't know about your shrink wrap supplies - may have to just buy from separate places. Ace label makes some reasonably priced glossy (inkjet or laser) inserts; don't pay for the overpriced stuff in your local supermarket.

Peace

5. Don Schenk

Don Schenk Active Member

After a lot of hunting and pricing, I also want suppliers who are reliable.

I use http://www.camaudio.com for Taiyo Yuden discs and for cassettes (yes even cassettes still have their uses in voice and training recordings.)

I use http://www.discmakers.com for jewel boxes and Amaray cases.

Check 'em out.

Don

6. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

I get good service and prices from Superdupes.

They also have inks for Primera and shrinkwrap machines etc.

I can run my Primera in robotic mode to print or burn but not both at the same time (I am using an old Blue & White 350MHz G3).

Make sure you charge enough for ink, its about $50 for every 50 CD's you print if there is a lot of color. IF its just text and simple graphics you can get 200+ for the same amount of ink.

Steve[/url]