CD Duplication w/Glass Mastering

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by pablotx, Jul 18, 2005.

1. pablotx

pablotx Guest

Need some help in choosing a company to outsource our Duplications. My studio is looking to find a duplication company to work with exclusively in hopes of getting great quality along with great rates. We will be able to send about 3 projects/month for pressing with a normal run being at least 1000 copies. Do any of you all have a company that you can recommend? We would like everything to be glass mastered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Distinguished Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Chicago area, IL, USA
    Home Page:
    Discmakers is quite good... And there rates have come more "into the mainstream" over the last few years. For the "everything under one roof" source, they're hard to beat.

Cinram is excellent, but then you're dealing with several companies getting the printing & seps, etc.
  3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Oasis is also great. I've used both Discmakers and Oasis and found their rates to be comparable as was their quality.

I use Oasis exclusively however because they are local to me and because they do high-def stuff (DVD-A and SACD) without flinching.

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    DiscMakers has a "Studio Partner " program that pays the studio 10% for referring projects to DiscMakers. check that out.
  5. chriscavell

chriscavell Guest

Kurt, Oasis has a very similar program. I generally recommend Oasis as they seem better at not accidentally leaving out metadata (such as ISRC's, CD-Text, UPC, etc.) in the transfer as discmakers has often done in the past with my projects.
  6. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004

Looks like they have it at 5% now. Which still seems pretty generous!
  7. JoeH

JoeH Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA/ Greenville, DE
    Home Page:
    I'm right over the bridge in PA from Discmakers in Pennsauken, NJ, so it's a no brainer for me.

They've done terrific work for me over the years, and as long as one stays on top of the situation (Proofing the final production run, etc. etc.) you'll be fine. It's incumbent upon the end user to make sure the look at the proof sets, play the CD ALL the way through, double check everything, and understand what you're getting...

Their price is always right in line with what the rest of the market is up to, so it's good to check and see what they're offering at any given moment, based on market cost of materials, etc.