1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

CD Pressing

Discussion in 'Recording' started by backinthelab, Jul 27, 2006.

1. backinthelab

backinthelab Guest

I don't know if this is against the sponsorship rules on this forum, but can anyone recommend a good bulk-cd house that does quality duplication, inserts, casings, and barcodes, for a reasonable price? If you can't post them on this forum, please e-mail me at info@backinthelab.net

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cool:
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    I use IMCoptical.com out of Baltimore. Good pricing and service. For my CD and DVD replication needs. For shorter runs, I use Sterling productions, in Sterling Virginia which are duplicated on recordable CD/DVD media. But there are so many across the country, I think if you spit, I think you'll hit one?

Msssppptt-pt-pt. Remy Ann David
  3. backinthelab

backinthelab Guest

IMC looks like a reliable company, I'll have to inquire. You're right, there's an overabundance of these companies, that's why I'm asking here. I don't want a chitzy product, but I don't want to pay up the arse, either![/i]
  4. JoeH

JoeH Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA/ Greenville, DE
    Home Page:
    Well, you probably already know there's a difference between duplication and replication. ("Pressing" is actually an old term carried over from the Vinyl days.)

CD burning is what is usually done by "duplication", (Towers with multiple drives, etc.) and CD manufacturing (from scratch) is called replication.

For quatities up to 500, we do it all here in-house, including barcodes and shrink wrap, with our duplicator. In smaller amounts like that, it's pretty cost-effective for us and the client.

Above that, we go to Discmakers in Pennsauken NJ and they of course replicate from the raw materials. It's a no-brainer for us - the place is 3 miles directly across the Betsy Ross Bridge in NE Philadelphia. I think they have offices in six locations around the country now, but the main plant is right there in NJ.