1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

chaining up digi002s

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by bleached04, Mar 29, 2005.

1. bleached04

bleached04 Guest

is it technically possible to chain up a couple of digi002s so that pro tools can get 16 ins...

2. rudedogg

rudedogg Guest

you can chain multiple PT systems together using midi sync and clocking off one system. note that this must be done with 2 computers as well as 002s. you should instead just get an adat adapter in order to get 16 gozintas.

steve

3. ghellquist

ghellquist Member

Agree on that. Best bet is probably to get an external unit with ADAT out. This will give you 8 more channels (max 48k sampling though).

Dirt cheap is Behringer ADA8000, but as always there are some shortcuts when you buy cheap. This one though has in my experience been better then the price would make you believe. Still, if you can afford it, go for something better.

Gunnar.

4. iznogood

iznogood Member

i recommend these:

http://

or something else from RME

5. Dave62

Dave62 Guest

Don't forget the Alesis Ai3 optical patchbay or the Apogee Rosetta 800. Both of which give you 8 ins and outs.

6. iznogood

iznogood Member

as i've said before.... the alesis is a 16bit device marketed as 24bit..... that smells like serious marketing BS...

don't buy it!