1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Chandler Limited stuff

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by volodia, May 14, 2002.

1. volodia

volodia Guest

Has anyone used Chandler limited stuff (especially 1073 "recreation") .How do they compare to the real thing . I can't get a hold on real Neve 1073's so I'm considering one of the
    alternatives but to be honest I haven't heard any of them and I'd like to have some opinions from users of those . :roll:

2. stedel

stedel Guest

Hi volodia. No news here, just a post of support if anyone out there has actually used any of this stuff, I'd love to hear some reports also.
    The "Beatles" mic pre & the EMI Compressor I'm particularly interested in.

What other "alternatives' are you considering?
    From info given by Mike Tholen here on RO, and follow up research by myself, it seems that Telefunken also played a very large role in the EMI studio's at the time, (as well as Neve based stuff) and there are some very highly regarded
    "editions" of Telefunken mic pre's etc. by people such as Marquette Audio Labs and TAB-Funkenwerk out there, that if you're not aware of could be worth your while checking out.

Kind regards
    stedel

3. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

John Paterno has posted on another forum that he LOVES his EMI copy from Chandeler.. and bought it..

Next hit! I'm gettin one!

4. volodia

volodia Guest

I started to work at EMI Paris and in the demo studio they had and old EMI "Beatles " console (curved faders)with a 16 track 2" Studer and the demos used to sound great (although it was in the 80's and the people at that time didn't care about old stuff and complained that we didn't have a DX7 or a digital reverb :we just had and EMT 240 and a tape echo with a revox). speaking of the compressors I called the engineer who taught me the job and he remembers mono EMI compressors (no stereo) .he said they were very coloured,more than the fairchild,very hearable action. If Chandler can make the pre's really sound like the originals then I would be in for one .

5. volodia

volodia Guest

For info thjat EMI console is now in a studio in the south of France .
    vega studio homepage

6. jo

jo Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi Jules

yout get an Chandler compressor? Do you know whether it works with 220V or only 110V. I got an info from the distributor in Germany that this stuff is actually not running on 220V and is not CE certified (they or certifying at the moment).

Best regards Jo

7. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

No I dont have a unit, I too heard Euro certification was an issue... Hopefully sorted out soon..

:)

8. faganking

faganking Guest

I have a Chandler LTD1 1073 and two of his 2254 compressors. All I can say is they sound great. Really great. The EQ is extended on the 1073 and the compressors have more attack and release settings.
    Benjy