1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Change patch via MIDI command?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Ripeart, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Ripeart

Ripeart Active Member

Maybe I'm barking up a non-existent tree however is there any way that my DAW app (Digital Performer) can send a MIDI control to a effects processor on the fly?

Specifically: I have a Lexicon PCM91 connected via MIDI to my MOTU 828 M2 and wish to change patches without having to reach down to the rack to do so. I added the device in Audio/MIDI setup and drew the connections in there. Audio/MIDI setup actually has the Lexicon device built-in so all the patch names are pre-loaded which is really really convenient. Really convenient if I can change them "remotely", that is.

I tried creating a MIDI device and setting it's output to the Lexicon and the drew in some patch changes but that didn't work.

If not DP then I have an Oxygen25 - could there be any way to map two buttons to send the appropriate command to the Lexicon? That would be fine, too.

I appreciate any thoughts about how to do this. Thank you =)

2. Ripeart

Ripeart Active Member

Nevermind, I had everything set up correctly but it turned out my MIDI port on the 828 is wonky. Drove me nuts because I knew I had it set up right. It wasn't until I tried a different MIDI device to transmit the data that it worked.