1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Changing audio from analog to digital.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Drizm, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Drizm

Drizm Active Member

I would like to know how I would take an analog recording of an instrument that has been recorded into protools and change the sound using Reason.

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Where does the analog come in? If the sound of your instrument has been captured by a program like Protools, it's already digital. Export it from PT as a .wav file and read it using Reason and it's still digital. You get PT or Reason to play it to you on speakers or headphones via digital-to-analog converters, but the file is still digital.

3. Drizm

Drizm Active Member

RE. And how would I change the sound in Reason? and thank you for the input.

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

I think you have the wrong app. Reason isn't really an audio app. It's a rack of virtual instruments plus effects, with a very basic MIDI sequencer.

Take a look at it's companion app Record.

You can load short bits of audio, into the sampler

6. Hack

Hack Active Member

http://

you need to convert the audio to MIDI. Dig around that site and you'll see what I think you're asking about.

7. Drizm

Drizm Active Member

You are exactly right , I need to change it to a midi file but how? There should be a way with out buying new software.

8. Hack

Hack Active Member

Google free audio to midi converter.