1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by error5i, Jan 30, 2004.

1. error5i

error5i Guest

We should start up a chat room on MIRC so we can all hang out and chat on our spare time. Ive been searchign for such a channel and have had no luck at all. If this already exist let me know if not lets get one started up :)
  2. Consul

Consul Guest

Oh, finally a thread I can chime in on, being that I'm an IRC god and all. :D

I don't know of any channels for studio recording that exist, but for a time, Scenaria in Tech Talk tried to start a Group DIY channel on a network who's name now escapes me.

As for myself, I usually hang out on Nightstar.net, which is a smallish and very stable network. If anyone really wants to, it would be a simple matter to start a channel there. In fact, I have a channel of my own if anyone would like to pop in in the course of experimenting. I can give any further help and instructions from there.

If anyone wants some basic instructions on using IRC:

gwalla is an old friend of mine, and an IRC op on Nightstar (an admin, essentially).
  3. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I remember this was tried one year ago. See these threads:
    (Dead Link Removed)
    (Dead Link Removed)

I don't think it was very popular.
  4. e-cue

e-cue Active Member

Oct 5, 2000

The room itself wigs out time to time, but they are in the process of upgrading to a bigger and better one. I've actually gotten gigs, met friends, and had help with tech issues there resolved.