1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cheap Backlit Keyboard With Decent Tactile Feedback?

Discussion in 'Computing' started by Suntower, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Suntower

Suntower Active Member

Hi,

I've recently gotten an Azio backlit computer keyboard for $25 and I -really- like the idea. I can work in completely dim light and it's great.

Unfortunately, the -feel- of the keys is as firm as a used condom. There is literally -zero- 'feedback'. I've tried some 'gaming' keyboards that have the old school 'Cherry' clickees and they are fantastic, but they are also north of $100.

So: Any low cost, backlit keyboards with a decent feel, but at a bargain price?

TIA,

---JC

2. JohnTodd

JohnTodd Well-Known Member

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, backlit keyboard

3. Suntower

Suntower Active Member

Yeah, that's where I got the one I have. I was hoping for some personal experiences. The cheap ones don't really talk about tactile feedback... one of those things you don't realise matters until you use it.

Thanks,

---JC

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll find one with tactile feedback that is cheap. Spend a little more money now rather than spend a little now and again more later.

I would personally go into a store and try a few keyboards before buying one. Feel is going to be the deal breaker. Anyone can put lights under their keyboard. Making it feel right is the hard part.