1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cheap DJ turntable for scribbling?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by giant016, Mar 30, 2007.

1. giant016

giant016 Guest

Alright, I've been looking at little DJ-type setups. Not really a turntable, as I have no records, but there are a few systems that you can import tracks to from a cd and there are knobs that look similiar to records that make the scribbling sound, rewind, fastforward, and what have you. I don't know what I'm doing, really what I'm looking at are more toys than anything. I've been looking at things like this:http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DIGITAL-Music-MIXER-CD-DJ-Turntables-MIXMAN-DM2_W0QQitemZ170096521916QQcategoryZ23785QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Mixman seems to be the only manufacturer that I can find, and the products are cheap, but the only problem is that to import tracks from a cd you need to convert the songs into .TRK format. They charge $80 for that software, which is twice as much as the hardware+the basic software. I haven't been able to find any free software, although my limewire is down at the moment. Anyway, are there any better alternatives? Thanks!