1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cheap LCD monitor for second DAW screen?(Mac)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by corso, Dec 2, 2005.

1. corso

corso Guest

Hi, forum noob, been lurking for a while.

I have never used 2 monitors before, but I have realized I need to. Running Logic on a G5...just exactly how do I do this? Is there a specific way to configure the system that is best? Thanks for any info.
  2. Calgary

Calgary Active Member

Nov 25, 2005
    LCDs are super cheap now. Go down to the local store which has the best return policy and take a look around, you can get into a decent monitor for uinder $300.

The reason to make sure they have a good "no quibble" return policy is in case you get an LCD with 1-2 bad pixels because most places only have a "7 bad pixel minimum" return policy on LCDs and you can really end up getting screwed.

When I bought my Sansung Syncmaster (great monitor) I made sure to do that and sure enough the first one had one bad pixel right in the center. If I had bought it elsewhere I would have been screwed but since I bought it at Futureshop all I had to do was go down and exchange it for a new one, which I'm happy to report is perfect and has served me very well. :cool:
  3. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Just hook it up to the second video port and turn it on. The mac will detect it. Go into display settings and you can configure the setup and tell it which monitor is where (i.e. is 1 on the left of 2 and so on).