1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

cheap midi keyboard

Discussion in 'Recording' started by JusTheChu, Dec 27, 2005.

1. JusTheChu

JusTheChu Guest

I was looking into buying a cheap midi controller, probably about 50-100$. Im not much of a piano player so ill just use it to punch in some simple melodies; Im thinking that a 1 or 2 octave keyboard will be fine, right? What other features should I look for in a keyboard? could anyone recommend a good one for me? thanks alot.
  2. Spookym15

Spookym15 Guest

I have an O2 which is a 2 octaves with a usb plug and it works pretty good but you need to have a program to run them through if you had a mac then garage band I use reason and it rocks. The O2 runs for 100 bucks the 08 runs for 150 i think
  3. JusTheChu

JusTheChu Guest

I have a PC and im not going to use this keyboard at all for live purposes, only just to input some notes to gigastudio. Perhaps usb is faster than midi... I also looked at some of the M-audio keyboards.
  4. gafadi

gafadi Guest

I will suggest you to look at Oxygen 49 , its a great keyboard from M - Audio , I bought it for making beats and they are great for the money.