1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cheap-o Recordings

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Chase, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Chase

Chase Active Member

Hello, my name is Chase and I would like to know how to make professional-sounding (what I mean is NO FEEDBACK) recordings. Recordings without hissing and other annoying noises. I have a cheap mic and a used SHURE mic already, along with all the instruments I need, but when I try to record, there are annoying hissing sounds with BOTH mics. I a newb, so I know little about this. Would a preamp do the trick? And if so, is there a way I could build it? You see, I am good with building things and would like to build all that I can for my recording.
    Thank you,
    - Chase H.

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Ahhhhh...if only it were a matter of having NO FEEDBACK to get professional-sounding recordings.

You will have to tell us a little bit more about what you are recording and how you are recording it already. No pre-amp? What are you plugging your cheap mic into?

There are lots of different types of kits available if you really want to wield the soldering iron.

3. leopoldolopes

leopoldolopes Active Member

Try to switch off your monitors and speakers... put some headphones on your head... maybe this would do the trick!

4. Chase

Chase Active Member

Got it fixed. Thanks.