1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cheap Pre

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Matti, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Matti

Matti Active Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Has anyone used this? http://www.smproaudio.com/TB202.htm
    Anyone who has really tested it ,not just condemming it because of the price. ( I´m sceptical aswell )
    Regards Matti
  2. twenty5south

twenty5south Guest

Check out the ART Pro Channel.... Its a tube pre, comp, and EQ..... they're around $300us and sound great.

Just my $0.02
  3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Sorry - I haven't used it, but it must be crap! It's so cheap, there can't be any good parts in it... :lol: (just screwin with you...)

I truly haven't used the unit, but in truth, I'm hearing a few people who I trust tell me about the adventures with SM Pro and they seem to think the "bang for the buck" factor is up there with the best of them. (On a true - dollar per sound value level.)

If you get it, let us know what you think.

4. Matti

Matti Active Member

Aug 26, 2005
    I´m so curious that I might order one just for testing and send it back if don´t like it. I would lose some money ( Finland <-> Germany) but still... Hope someone had used it to know bit more.
    Regards Matti
  5. JamesG

JamesG Guest

i was also looking at that, after searching the internet i found people to say it was a decent pre for the money