1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

cheapest ADAT pci card?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by imloggedin, Dec 7, 2004.

1. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

whats the cheapest 1 i/o optical ADAT card i can buy to stick in my computer for use with the behringer ADA8000?? any help is appreciated.

2. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

don't know much about cheap but rme audio have some really good ones!
    e-mu, m-audio are cool too

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

The least expensive ADAT I/O card I have found is the Frontier Designs Dakota card ... streets for around $300.

4. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

http://www.jdsound.com/store/product1.asp?SID=2&Product_ID=449 this ones only 150$.. surely their is more out there for cheaper. its just 1 in 1 out. how hard can that be to make :)

5. EricK

EricK Guest

Actually, I think that Terratec is about the cheapest. I considered that card, but then I found a great deal on a used RME Hammerfall 96/52 card. Haven't looked back.

6. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

E-Mu 1212M gets my vote. 2x ADAT jacks (8 in 8 out), AND you get the Pro-Tools HD series converters on 1/4" jacks (2 in 2 out). Even has cheap built in DSP for wet latency-free monitoring. $199 all day long at GC and Sweetwater.

FWIW - I just got the RME 9636 off eBay for $225 with 4x ADAT connections...

:cool: