1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Check the Bricasti's out on drums!

Discussion in 'Drums' started by audiokid, Jun 21, 2013.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Oh Ya! 2 Bricasti M7's are better than one lol:

I just did a mix for a guy on the slutz for fun. Spent a few hours, that's it. I didn't get all the track either so a bit is missing from the original. Not trying to get too involved but it was more to play with the second M7 that I just added. Listen to the drums on this compared to ITB. It was so easy to do this.

Original :

--------------------------
    My mix with Bricasti :

These things are glorious.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Exaggerated for the purpose of hearing the difference.

So we can hear whats happening, here is another mix where I turned one of the Bricasti's off and on during the print. I'm using one for a plate and the other for large space. I create the space with reflections using a plate, then open it up further with a larger space with no reflections on the second one. So basically its a smaller space inside an auditorium or between a mountain outside. The reflection are then timed so they grab each other and flow. Killer! To give up a bit more tricks here, I use a Dangerous S&M to make room for the vox in the center, this allows me to use outside space for the verbs. This takes a squashed ITB mix and makes it huge. Then, mono the bass freq below 100hz almost 100%. Press it down with an SSL G comp and this is what ya get.

Thanks for the like Dave!

3. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

I am floored. the space feels like you can reach out and grab it.