1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

chevelle vocals.. certain song.

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by imloggedin, Apr 24, 2005.

1. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

i was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of whats on the vocals in a certain chevelle song. its extremely clear vocals to me. i dont understand how andy wallace mixes this album. but the song im talking about is "panic prone" off of "This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In" amazon has a clip of it.. its not very good bitrate though http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B0002X8J3A001006/0/002-5195938-0281603 any help with getting these kind of vocals would be appreciated! :)

2. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

It sounds like there might be a slight vibrato and he's got some backing vocals, doesn't really sound like much but good singing and eqing.

3. VulcanDC

VulcanDC Active Member

and some heavy tube pre color....

4. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

thanks for the tips. anything else would be appreciated too.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I always use a google search engine for lyrics

6. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

i dont want the lyrics

7. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

is he doubling and putting one left and one right?

8. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

they could be doubling the vocal tracks its not uncommon all my vocal tracks are doubled and panned.

9. VulcanDC

VulcanDC Active Member

the lead vocals sounded like a dubbled track.... one with heavy compression and the other modarate/normal.... and both going through some warm pre amps.... panned center... with some small room reverb...

10. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Its all pretty basic vocal mixing what makes it sound so good is the fact the lead singer and his brother can sing their asses off.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Whoooops!
    Sorry! I read your post a little too fast! :lol:
    Sorry, I never heard the song.
    Best of luck

12. imloggedin

imloggedin Guest

his brother is a terrible singer. everything ive seen of them live his brother (the bass player) sounds bad. he is a great singer though. im sure that is the main reason it sounds good, and probably a really expensive microphone.