Christmas number one?

Discussion in 'Press Release Forum' started by IIRs, Nov 21, 2011.

1. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Stranger things have happened! This one has been remorselessly stuck in my head ever since I recorded it a couple of weeks ago:

Little Robots - The Christmas Song (BandCamp)

Little Robots - The Christmas Song (iTunes)

I suggest we all flex our social media muscles and see if the Robots can keep the likes of Simon Cowell and the Wombles off the top spot this year :biggrin:

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

That was nice, fat, warm just like being inside on a snowy day around Christmas. Beautiful. And she's not singing on top of the mix but singing directly to me, which I like. Great violin sound too. Sweet. And so you wanted us to suffer the same thing now that we've all heard your work in this song. Damn you. This will float around in my head the rest of the day and night and I'm not even really into Christmas. Probably because I didn't get enough of the hot sticky summertime sun?

Where is Ft. Lauderdale when I need it?
    Mx. Remy Ann David

3. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Thanks Remy. A compliment from you means a lot!

Not really into christmas much myself, but better to have this song looping round your head than the usual christmas rubbish surely?

Anyway, I took a minimal approach for this one: the band performed live around an MS stereo pair, with just a couple of vocal mics and a kick drum mic added in. 5 mics in total. thumb

4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

There sure is something to be said about the beauty of taking that beautifully organic sounding minimalist approach. I mean damn, that's spoke right to my ears. And that's in spite of whatever Sound Cloud does to the sound of our stuff. Sometimes I get tired of hearing this overly homogenized style of engineering I am hearing in recent years. I'd love to hear the Master wave file on that one. So come on, come on, don't make me beg as to what gear specifics were involved with that. Inquiring minds want to know so coming from the UK that makes you the National Enquirer. Or did I bastardize my English again?

Rather
    Mx. Remy Ann David

5. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Fun song Dan, thanks for sharing it. I loved the violin too. It suites the song. Sounds like I was there, or as Remy pointed, she is singing to me.
    Nice ending with some change being tossed into the hat.

Cheers!

6. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Sorry :wink:

Main pair was an Earthworks QTC30 omni plus SE Z5600A for the side, patched to both channels of a Drawmer 1969
    Lead vocal: U87ai -> DAV BG1
    BV: Beyer M260 (an old one) -> Drawmer 1960
    Kick: AKG D12 -> Drawmer 1960

RME Multiface @ 96KHz

Facebook pic of the session here

7. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

Very good! Love the vibe. Sounds good through computer speakers - I'll give it a listen on something better later. I hope you've got a hit on your hands.

8. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Now also available on itunes: iTunes - Music - The Christmas Song - Single by Little Robots

Go Robots!

9. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

SE Electronics have picked this up: Dan Worrall, Platinum Ears, Little Robots and the sE Z5600a

:cool:

10. niclaus

niclaus Active Member

I love it. Great work!
    It gave me ideas for a future session...!!!

Thanks.

N.

11. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Thankyou :biggrin: