1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Church with recording studio planning permission FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Room Acoustics / Isolation / Treatment' started by Jason Sanderson, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Jason Sanderson

Jason Sanderson Active Member

FOR SALE, my conversion of a 1800's Baptist church in the countryside of North lincolnshire, UK. It took me about a year and half of frantic Sketchup modelling to optimise space, design and workflow. Followed by a few months of crawling through planning permission holes, which we've crawled out the other side.

Unfortunately as the designed progressed so did the budget required. The money, family health and man power all fall short of this huge reach and i have to sell up. Very sad indeed!

Still here's a great chance for someone with the right financial juice and time willing to pump in, to pick up the project of a lifetime.

The church currently consists of 2 halls, a bathroom, kitchen and utility room along with large loft spaces. The plans are for a sizely live room with a isolation booth and control room, all acoustically designed for optimum performance. As well as a lounge, loby, kitchen and bathroom, upstairs greenroom/bunks over looking the live room and manager/producer residential bedsit.

I'd love for you guys to head over to the website http://www.churchstudioforsale.com and check out the massive amount of work that's been put into the project already and think about making an offer, I'm willing to sell much cheaper than you think. Inquiries and offers 07871316808

Cheers

Jase

Attached Files:

2. Josh Conley

Josh Conley Active Member

is this like trying to sell someone a bridge?

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

so beautiful

best of luck on your sale.

4. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

I looked at the plans and pics - I hope you manage to sell it. A real shame it didn't come off. P

5. DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava Active Member

So sweet -- did you ever put a business plan together for the studio itself? How'd you initially think you could pull this off? What did you miss or under estimate in the process?

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I would just love to have this.
    We all have different styles, opinions on how to make music but we all share one common dream which is to be able to do our music. Seeing another artist loose a piece of the puzzle always pains me.

Jason Sanderson likes this.
  7. DogsoverLava

I was already thinking -- maybe I should move --- it's a total dream space ---- but I have no clue as to the economics of that kind of business so in my mind it would be my lotto win dream. Good luck with finding buyers and/or investors.

8. Jason Sanderson

Jason Sanderson Active Member

Cheers for the great response guys. No there was no business plan, i was renting a studio and business and it was running fine. When lease run out; the mortgage on buying this space was the same price as my rent, so it was like a no brainer. My parents remortgaged their house to buy it for me and we set to work on making the dream happen, We didn't borrow a lot on top of buying it cause we knew we could get materials cheap and even some for free through my dads work. We was going to to do nearly all the build work ourselves because at the time we were capable. My Dads health as slipped so he's unable to keep up the work or the payments, All the time working out of other studios freelance is much harder than it was with my old place and the whole project as taken longer and become more elaborate than we ever imagined. So things are too difficult.

On the plus side, it's not quite the Lottery win purchase you'd imagine. The project could be finished for around £30,000 and I'm wanting Little for the building. So a dream studio could set someone back about £100,000

Thanks again for the best wishes!

9. DogsoverLava

Thanks for that Jason - here's good thoughts for you and your Dad (okay - your mom too). The lottery dream for me would be having the studio --- all for me! and free of making it pay.... Just my special clubhouse. Really cool building.... best wishes.

10. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

I think every studio owner has their own idea of "that" dream studio in their heads.... it's different for all of us, some envision a castle, some a church, some might want to be next to the ocean, while others might see something located in the heart of a music metro area where the action is...

Me? My perfect studio is located in the mountains, off the beaten path, where no trucks or heavy machinery dare to go. I want to wake up in the mornings and greet my neighbors - except my neighbors aren't people. They are fox and deer and hawks and all other forms of non-human wildlife. My nearest human neighbor would be at least half a mile away. I also prefer a change of seasons, so it would have to be located in a geographic area where that happens.

The deal breaker doesn't have anything to do with gear, either. It's that it absolutely must have an ice cold trout stream running through the property. ;)

FWIW