1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

CIB, yea or nay?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Ernest, May 11, 2005.

1. Ernest

Ernest Guest

Hi folks, this is Ernest, how are you?

I can get an Amek CIB for $1550 including tax.
    I like the eq's very much but is it worth that price or should I rather save the money for better preamps? Is it versatile, meaning can you use it on any kind of music?

Your advice is appreciated. THANX. :D

2. Ernest

Ernest Guest

Oh, I have just forgot to ask one thing. Can you connect a bass or guitar direct to it like you can on the DMCL or would you recommend me to get a decent di box? Would the sound change that much if connected to line in? Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you. :D

3. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

The CIB has no DI. It is worth the price just for the eq. The mic pre is real good. I'd even go as far as saying very good. I own a pair. Bought them just for the eq, thou the preamps get used from time to time.

4. Johnson Cabasa

Johnson Cabasa Active Member

youre stuck wtiht the compressor after the eq with the cid so any time you change an eq setting youre changing the way the compressor reatecs

5. Ernest

Ernest Guest

Thanks for your replies.

What are your opinions on the DMCL?
    The preamp section seems to be slightly better than on the CIB according to the specs, just a bit though, you got a DI and line input and comp, and ADC. Yes, I do love the eq's on the cib too, I love that 'glow' and 'sheen' buttons and so on, but unfortunately I don't have the budget for 2 CIBs, but I need that damn two channels at the same time. :evil: I need your opinions on this. And has anyone used the ADC? How does it compare to Lynx for example? Thanks in advance.

6. Ernest

Ernest Guest

Hello...? Please...