1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

clearing sample

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by DigitalFinesse, Jan 23, 2007.

1. hello everyone this is my first post, i am more of an engineer than a producer/programmer, however i created an instrumental using a sample from a soul&rnb group, i want to sell this intrumental hopefully contracting taxi to have a chance of someone hearing it, my question really is should i notify the record label that i sampled from first, to let them know that i want to strike a deal with someone or should i wait till an artist/record label likes it. i am just scared theyll blow me off and use my idea, i just want to do this the right way, i dont have any money to clear the sample so ofcourse it would be the buyer clearing it. HOW DOES IT WORK maybe i have it all wrong, by the way the sample is used through out the whole song but in total seconds its only about 5 sec. chopped and looped.

2. allflowerz

allflowerz Guest

I think the sooner you get it cleared the better. If you wait till theres a potential big name on it, they original label will be charging much more. Also make sure it's cleared before you release it anywhere (demo,cd,radio,ect)