1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Compaq what do you think?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Caisson, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Caisson

Caisson Guest

I have a

Compaq Presario 6000 (6265AA)
    AMD Athlon XP Processor Model 1800(1.53GHz)
    768 MB PC2100 DDR total system memory
    40GB UltraDMA Hard Drive
    16XMax DVD-Rom drive
    40XMax CD-RW drive with easy cd creator

My question is? is this Pc strong enough to do big things. Im looking to upgrade if I have to. Can someone give some ideas on some good PC's or you can break it down to individual parts if you want.
  2. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Jun 19, 2002
    The answer depends very much on how you plan to work with the machine. This type of setup will be fine for recording a few tracks at the same time and using up to, say, 15 plugs. My first DAW was very similar to this, though it was custom built.

So, what will you be doing with the machine?
  3. Caisson

Caisson Guest

Mainly recording vocals, and producings beats out of Reason, drum machines, and other software. My goal is to have a stronger PC so I have the availability to do bigger things if need be....
  4. Caisson

Caisson Guest

I would just like to know if this Computer is Good enough to do big things with. Just the other day I was recording a group and on play back...the music would just stop. I believe its the RAM, but I also think my processor could be a little better.