1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

comping feature of Logic Pro, sub tracks

Discussion in 'Logic' started by psychonaut, Jun 27, 2013.

1. psychonaut

psychonaut Active Member

I was recording some bass, and made new tracks for each take(I have been able to make this very effective), but when I came back to look at the recordings, I found something that I've never seen before. How can I get it back to normal? Right now I can't even move the files!
    imgur: the simple image sharer

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

There may be a way to expand the tracks. I don't know Logic at all so. thaldmkyg9altnacky;aolwentdiyopalerktnlay9orgcvyre

3. ouzo77

ouzo77 Active Member

Hello.

This is the comping feature of logic. You don't have to record every take to a new track. Logic will create "sub tracks" when you record over another take. When you suspend the take folder you can select sections from each take to comp a "perfect" take.

Here's some more info:
    Logic Pro 9: Expanded Take Folder Editing

This is a great feature they introduced with Logic 8 and has been adapted by many other DAWs.

4. psychonaut

psychonaut Active Member

Thanks, that explained it! It seems like a pretty good feature indeed, I will start using it now :)

5. masterblaster

masterblaster Active Member

Logic X is out, check the free overview of it at macprovideo.com! It really has improved.

6. psychonaut

psychonaut Active Member

I'll lose all my 32-bit plugins, it's probably buggy as hell for the first 6 months and I have to install Mountain Lion, so no thanks.