1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Computer audio solution

Discussion in 'Recording' started by oversampling, Aug 7, 2009.

1. oversampling

oversampling Guest

I have a computer with on-board audio. Line out is pretty good quality.

I would like to have a really good pair of speakers placed near LCD monitor.

Should I go for active monitors or should I go for an integrated amp +
    speakers?

I have also some other sources (like tuner) that I would like to connect to this system so amp option seems more suitable. And I don't want to spend a fortune.

Any proposal or advice?

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Budget? Really, I suppose it depends on what you plan on doing. I don't know that plugging a tuner into your pc soundcard is going to sound any good. You could take the line out of your pc and send it to the aux of an amp but I imagine there would be a potential for unwanted distortion. I used to do this with my Delta 44. It worked fine for listening to music.

When it comes to PC audio, I think it's all a matter of just buy what you can afford. The more you spend the better.

3. oversampling

oversampling Guest

Budget around $600.

My initial idea was to connect PC and tuner to an amp where I can select the source and adjust the volume.

4. jammster

jammster Active Member

I use passive speakers and an amp, that way if you blow a speaker/ amp just use the other one/set you got till you get it fixed.

One things for sure, put your money into a good set of speakers that turn your crank!

There is nothing better than enjoying your mixes.