1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by omynys1, Mar 8, 2010.

1. omynys1

omynys1 Guest

You cant run any of these operating systems with pro tools... it looks like to me... i have no idea, but it looks like you cant.

So why the eff does pro tools make it impossible to make a cluster to run with their program when video rendering can be done with clusters? Why do they have to make you buy endless hd cards? Why why why? I'll tell you why!.... cuz i dont even know if im correct
  2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Moderator Resource Member

Mar 20, 2008
    currently Billings
    Money, and keeping tech support to a moderate level by not having to support every possible configuration imaginable.
  3. djmukilteo

djmukilteo Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Rainy Roads WA USA
    Not sure what your title means, Computer/processor/cluster/parallel/supercomputer??????
    Where's the operating system?...what operating system???....you're describing computer architecture terms??
    but I can tell your not too happy with PT!
    What exactly are you trying to do?
    Video's? audio both?
  4. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    Logic Pro can offload effects processing to other computers running it's node app, but my machines are powerful enough to handle the load by themselves.
  5. omynys1

omynys1 Guest

does windows have a node app? can i set up something like that in my network connections thing in control panel? would pro tools offset load while running on mac os with the node app?
  6. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Cubase has system link but again, most processors can handle the load on their own these days. Windows on it's own does not support this feature and clustering towers is best suited to server apps. A single 8 core system should be powerful enough even to do video rendering on it's own. In fact I have done video rendering on a dual core system without issues.