1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

audio Confident with this mix ...

Discussion in 'Fix This MIX!' started by NickGeorge, Apr 2, 2013.

1. NickGeorge

NickGeorge Active Member

Let me know what you think of the mix

Nick George - No Flowers In Venus SSC#89 by Nick George Harmonics on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Thanks

2. McMurphy

McMurphy Guest

I think you have a cool slow groove going. Very nice use of your sample library. Quite nice actually. Something to make nice slow love with. Though I must admit, I have ADD and I did start finding it a bit monotonous? Nothing bad about it. Everything good about it. Why no vocals? You could have a gal and guy cooing noises in the background, kind of like Barry White used to do. Donna Summer? That would spice it up a bit and create more interest over the mindnumbing repetition. Something that presents a real image of what's going on LOL. Something that will enhance that experience.

McMurphy

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Ya Barry White, great idea! There is tons of space for a lower mid vocal. And indeed, some sexing woman conversing in this.

4. thewonders

thewonders Active Member

Sounds very cool. Not my forte as far as musical style, and I don't know exactly what you're going for, but it all sounds good. Like McMurphy wrote, a bit repetitious for my tastes, but nice sounds. thumb

5. NickGeorge

NickGeorge Active Member

Thanks all for the comments, I didn't even think it gave off that sort of vibe to be romantic ... maybe if I find the right vocals it could be a great song.

6. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Yeah, it's definitely got that slow groove/romantic kinda vibe to it. IMO, Not so much Barry White, as Barry was very fond of heavy orchestral arrangements, ( he would have also added far more change ups) but it's still got potential if you'd add a silky vocal, either male or female.

7. audiokid

audiokid Staff

There might be a potential collaboration for this on Indaba.

8. shoestring

shoestring Active Member

I think you and McMurphy are on to something here. I visualised a girl walking in slow mo' over a field of Daisies wearing a see through white dress. With the dress being see through she looked like the Ace of Spades if you know what i mean (not the Motorhead song, more how i imagined she looked)smoke

Nice tune btw, i liked it a lot.

9. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

Playing dominos with a bunch of pre-mastered samples, doesn't fit as recording to me. More like DJ-ing ! ;)
    Add some vocals, be carefull about weird timming and post back.