1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Connecting a third screen to a mac G5

Discussion in 'Computing' started by peteholzman, May 7, 2012.

1. peteholzman

peteholzman Active Member

I currently have a mac G5 with two video screens connected, running Logic Pro. Of course there is never enough screen space and I would like to add a third monitor. The two I have are connected to a video card with two identical connectors on the back, no problem there. To add a third monitor, I am assuming I need another video card. Does anyone know what kind of card I need to work with a Mac G5 (2005 vintage)? and will there be any problems that I should know about, either with the layout on the screens or the software itself (maybe slowing down??)

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

3. peteholzman

peteholzman Active Member

Looks good. Thanks!!!

4. JeremyCox

JeremyCox Active Member

I am not entirely sure that this will work. I believe it only uses thunderbolt or display port.
    Why do you need another monitor? You can buy another video card for your system at a very reasonable price, however you might get more bang for you buck if you upgrade to a larger monitor.

Good Luck!

5. TheJackAttack

Sorry youngin. Neither display port nor Thunderbolt existed when the G5 was made.

support.apple.com/kb/HT2707

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

6. TheJackAttack

:)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2