1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Console Under $15k?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Melange, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Melange

Melange Guest

O.K., so I got my MCI 2"24trk, a ProTools rig, about 15 or so good mics, a decent selection of outboard gear and preamps, and the last thing I need to open my place up is the console to run it all through. In keeping with my desire to run a functional mid-level studio, I've been looking at some MCI, Neotek, Amek, and Harrison consoles. I only have extensive experience on SSLs, so I've never used any of the above brands. I'd like to have a decent automation package, but that's a bonus. Anybody have any experience with any of these boards? I've heard good and bad about all of them. I'm not necessarily looking for "marquee" value, just something that rocks.

2. hollywood_steve

hollywood_steve Active Member

Any reason that you wouldn't also add mid-level Tridents to that list; the 24 or 75 models, maybe? But if you can find a Harrison 32 in that price range.........

steve
    sjp@soca.com

3. Guido

Guido Guest

If you know a good tech, the Sphere Eclipse C is an oft-overlooked console. You can find 'em in the "under $10k" range. A rippin class A console! Very groovy for tracking/not much of a mix console, unless you have a bunch of outboard gear and automation....

4. NEVE8068

NEVE8068 Guest

I know where there is an MCI 556 w/auto
    56 channel desk. That has been recapped recently for 13.5 firm. Now that desk rocks for the price.-Mark

5. NEVE8068

NEVE8068 Guest

I know where there is an MCI 556 w/auto
    56 channel desk. That has been recapped recently for 13.5 firm. Now that desk rocks for the price.-Mark