1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

console upgrade

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by aksel, Mar 3, 2005.

1. aksel

aksel Guest

hi !

i'm currently using a soundtracs solo 24 ( not logic ). It's a very basic console, 4 bus, 4/6 aux, 2 semi parametric mids etc...

I record with a tascam msr24 ( 1" )

what should I consider for upgrading to an inline console ? I was thinking of a M2600 MKII from tascam but i don't know if it is an inline console... there a couple of other options from tascam, the main advantage beeing the RCA@-10dB tape inputs. But I'm not shure if it will really improve the audio quality of my mixes.

Do you think that there are no other choices than a ghost from soundcraft to really feel any differences ?

thanks for the reply...
  2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Venice series...
  3. aksel

aksel Guest

thanks but I don't think venice are inline consoles...
    I don't think they are made for recording either...
    any other idea ?
  4. alcohol

alcohol Guest

I'm in the market for a new mixer myself. I have a Allen & Heath GL200. I want to send stems to the console from Pro Tools and mix in the console. I've been considering the units below.I know this is a lot to ask. All of these consoles I'm considering are used except the Midas Verona, and the Speck. Any comments?

Trident 1998 $6000

D&R Triton 40 channel 1991 $11,775

Soundcraft DC2000 $15,000 1996

Neve 44 series $17,500 1980

Amek Angelena 28 Channel $9425

Midas Verona 320 New $15,600