1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Control 24 and atch bays help....

Discussion in 'Recording' started by aggiedogg, Nov 12, 2001.

1. aggiedogg

aggiedogg Guest

Rewiring a friends studio and would like to bring in a patch bay. Having never wired one I'm looking for suggestions from those that might have been through it before. Our gear as of now is:
    control 24
    USB
    MTP AV
    2 888's
    ADAT bridge
    Digimax 8ch pre(litepiped to ADATbridge)
    Avalon pre
    Bellari pre
    ( and a few other mic pre's)
    half a dozen comps,reverbs and hope for some other high end toys in the future
    and we've bought 5 DBX 1/4" 48 point bays
    How the heck should we set this up so that a visiting engineer could figure it out logically?
    We've got 36 xlr lines from different rooms, 18 line ins (residing with the xlr's on thre different patch panels)
    I'm thinking that there will be no "normaling" of the room lines to mic pre's but I'm not sure.
    Would love any help.

2. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Craig,
    (Dead Link Removed)

3. aggiedogg

aggiedogg Guest

Thanks for the reply. One more question. Soes the brand of cable make a HUGE difference. The price of Monster cable versus the Hosa stuff is ridiculous, but if this a critical area I guess we'll have to bite the bullet. I ended up buying 9 ft snakes XLR-1/4 " by Hosa, hope I didn't make a big mistake.

4. aggiedogg

aggiedogg Guest

Thanks for the reply. One more question. Soes the brand of cable make a HUGE difference. The price of Monster cable versus the Hosa stuff is ridiculous, but if this a critical area I guess we'll have to bite the bullet. I ended up buying 9 ft snakes XLR-1/4 " by Hosa, hope I didn't make a big mistake.