1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Control Knobs

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Recording Engineer, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Recording Engineer

Recording Engineer Active Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Does anyone know of a good source for decent priced knobs (non-metal) to outfit an entire mixing console?

I think I've about covered all that are listed in the distributor catalogs (print and online) (Mouser, Allied, Newark, Peerless, State, etc.). And I've contacted a most all the manufacturers I can find on the net that are not in those catalogs.

Unfortunantely, out of all I've found (which is a lot), the only knobs I really like are the EHC 3000 Series with the line indictor at the price of about $1.5k-2k to cover the entire console!

Anyway, just checking to see if anyone knows of any sources I haven't covered.

2. Mark Burnley

Mark Burnley Guest

Have you tried Farnell? They've got a good range of collet knobs with interchangeable colourcaps with index lines, pointers, skirts etc in different sizes. They fit 1/4 and 1/8" pots. I know they do International orders, not sure of the terms...Tech Talk may be able to help you,

3. Recording Engineer

Recording Engineer Active Member

Mar 4, 2001

Thank you for the tip! I hadn't checked Farnell yet... Don't think I'll be using collets though. Most likely set screw w/ brass or nickel-plated brass inserts for 1/4" shafts. Possibly push-on, but not likely.

I will certainly ask in Tech Talk...

Thanks so much again!