1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Control Surface Time

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Irene, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Irene

Irene Guest

Hi folks
    I'm moused out and need a control surface for PT. I do not want something as big as Control 24 or Pro Control and I'm planning to stay within the PT Mix domain for the foreseeable future.
    I read Kevin's point that HUI has a higher than usual midi fader resolution-so that could be worth a look. I don't really want to be paying for mic-pre's that I don't intend to use. So that's a downer on the HUI for a start. I read on the DUC that the SAC 2K is a bit flaky- shame as it looks cool. I don't want the Motormix as it's clunky appearance also matches it's apparent touch insensitivity. I want to be able to work withplug-inson the controller-will this be possible? SSC? Soft synths in the background plumbed in via Direct Connect?
    I really don't know what's possible? Can you cut and paste audio with these units?!!
    Any advice massively appreciated :)

Thanks

Renie

2. Sly

Sly Guest

Renie you know you want a pro control. Cant you hear it calling? Close your eyes....do you see it....aah yes...VEGAS MODE!

:) Jack

3. Vegas Mode!! LOL I can see it now.

Darren

4. Irene

Irene Guest

I hate you guys! :)

Of course I dream of Pro Control but now I'm a-hoping my dealer is correct in informing that Logic Control will be PT ready this summer.
    An expandable HUI for £999. Ha Ha.
    So you know what you can do with yer Vegas Mode!!

Renie :)

5. ckevperry

ckevperry Active Member

I think you should at least get hold of a SAC-2k and try it....I had one for a week and it was NOT flaky....everything worked like it should.

Or you can wait for an upcoming HUI profile for the Logic Control...which will be the BOMB for $999!!

6. stedel

stedel Guest

Hi Renie.
    I don't know whether you've seen it, but in the
    February 2002 issue of Mix magazine there's a feature article "Complete Control" which reviews and discusses features of many of the current
    "New Work Surfaces for DAW-Based Mixing". Might help.
    Kind regards
    Stedel

7. Irene

Irene Guest

Kevin
    Maybe I'll give the SAC a go then it certainly looks nice but yes the logic Control could be The One, thanks.
    No i haven't seen that thanks for the tip.
    :)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guests

There are reports coming through on the Logic Control now over on the DUG.

;)

9. stedel

stedel Guest

Hi Renie.
    Any news on what's caught your fancy?

Kind regards :cool:

10. Irene

Irene Guest

Hi Stedel

I was experiencing a touch of RSI but since rearranging how I work, sit etc it's been fine, so a control surface is not a priority now.
    If I was going to buy one the Logic control looks the best bang for the buck at this point. Hopefully by the time I get a control surface the market will have got even better!
    Thanks
    Renie