1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Control Surface Time

Discussion in 'Consols & Control Surfaces' started by Irene, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Irene

Irene Guest

Hi folks
    I'm moused out and need a control surface for PT. I do not want something as big as Control 24 or Pro Control and I'm planning to stay within the PT Mix domain for the foreseeable future.
    I read Kevin's point that HUI has a higher than usual midi fader resolution-so that could be worth a look. I don't really want to be paying for mic-pre's that I don't intend to use. So that's a downer on the HUI for a start. I read on the DUC that the SAC 2K is a bit flaky- shame as it looks cool. I don't want the Motormix as it's clunky appearance also matches it's apparent touch insensitivity. I want to be able to work withplug-inson the controller-will this be possible? SSC? Soft synths in the background plumbed in via Direct Connect?
    I really don't know what's possible? Can you cut and paste audio with these units?!!
    Any advice massively appreciated :)

2. Sly

Sly Guest

Renie you know you want a pro control. Cant you hear it calling? Close your eyes....do you see it....aah yes...VEGAS MODE!

:) Jack
  3. Vegas Mode!! LOL I can see it now.

4. Irene

Irene Guest

I hate you guys! :)

Of course I dream of Pro Control but now I'm a-hoping my dealer is correct in informing that Logic Control will be PT ready this summer.
    An expandable HUI for £999. Ha Ha.
    So you know what you can do with yer Vegas Mode!!

Renie :)
  5. ckevperry

ckevperry Active Member

Nov 7, 2001
    I think you should at least get hold of a SAC-2k and try it....I had one for a week and it was NOT flaky....everything worked like it should.

Or you can wait for an upcoming HUI profile for the Logic Control...which will be the BOMB for $999!!
  6. stedel

stedel Guest

Hi Renie.
    I don't know whether you've seen it, but in the
    February 2002 issue of Mix magazine there's a feature article "Complete Control" which reviews and discusses features of many of the current
    "New Work Surfaces for DAW-Based Mixing". Might help.
    Kind regards
  7. Irene

Irene Guest

Maybe I'll give the SAC a go then it certainly looks nice but yes the logic Control could be The One, thanks.
    No i haven't seen that thanks for the tip.
  8. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    There are reports coming through on the Logic Control now over on the DUG.

9. stedel

stedel Guest

Hi Renie.
    Any news on what's caught your fancy?

Kind regards :cool:
  10. Irene

Irene Guest

Hi Stedel

I was experiencing a touch of RSI but since rearranging how I work, sit etc it's been fine, so a control surface is not a priority now.
    If I was going to buy one the Logic control looks the best bang for the buck at this point. Hopefully by the time I get a control surface the market will have got even better!