1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Controllers for ProTools?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by tim husmann, Oct 8, 2003.

1. tim husmann

tim husmann Guest

I am currently using a mac with ProTools LE 5.1. I have become increasingly annoyed with mixing via the mouse. I was looking at the Tascam 428 controller and it seems to be a pretty decent board (24bit with 8 channels and multiple banks). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with controllers and could provide me with a some helpful suggestions.

2. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

what about the mackie HUI? I dunno if it does Le...
    Check at the DUC also.
    :)

3. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

The TASCAM US-428 does not have motorized faders or phantom power, although it is a relatively inexpensive option.

Look at the Mackie Contoller, they are now advertising PT support. The Mackie unit does not have mic pres or any type of i/o however.

For a good compromise, TASCAM has just released a new firewire device that looks promising, but not sure if it supports PTs or not...take a gander at their web site.

4. lorenzo gerace

lorenzo gerace Active Member

Hi

Good controllers for Pro Tools LE are:

Digidesign Control|24 (16 motorized touch sensitive Faders, 16 Class A Focusrite Platinum preamps, V Pots and lots of other features, check it out on Digi Website)

Radikal Technologies SAC-2K (9 motorized touch sensitive faders, rotary encoders, V pots etc)

Mackie Control (same as above, works with Pro Tools via HUI emulation mode)

CM Labs Motor Mix (8 Motorized non touch sensitive faders encoders etc..)

I guess there's others that work, but so far the most used for Pro Tools are those listed above.

Hope this helps

L.G.