1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Cool Edit Pro and Midi

Discussion in 'Recording' started by epilespaul, Mar 2, 2005.

1. epilespaul

epilespaul Guest

Ive been using Sonar 2XL and keeps locking up.. so I decided to try Cool Edit Pro.. Ive got it up and running, but I cannot for the life of me send Midi commands to my Korg M1 From my Casio WK-3000 thru Cool Edit pro... My Midi setup works Great with Sonar .... Any Ideas would be quite Helpfull.....TY Epilespaul

2. moonz

moonz Guest

I have Adobe Audition (this is Cool Edit).

I can't say I've ever tried to use it for MIDI, perse, but, in this program, under the Options menu>Device Properties sub-menu, you'd set the MIDI IN for your Casio, and MIDI OUT for your Korg, I assume.

There is also a midi selection to be set up in the multi-track view for the individual track's output order, under the track's OUTPUT button>properties.

This looks like all there is to do to set the program up for MIDI.

Cool Edit started out life as a waveform editor, while Sonar started out as a MIDI sequencer application (Cakewalk).

I don't expect you'll be happy with the lack of MIDI functionality in Cool Edit/Adobe Audition...this program has always been geared for recording and editing wave files, not MIDI files.