1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Coordinating Marketing Efforts Between Web Sites?

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by Suntower, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Suntower

Suntower Active Member

Hi,

I've run my own web site for the past 9 years. I've resisted doing 'myspace', et al. but more and more, people at shows tell me how they 'absolutely live' on facebook and so on. My question is, broadly, 'How do you push your content to all these separate 'social networking' sites?

IOW: it's all I can do to find the time to put new stuff on my home site/blog. If I have to cut/copy/paste all this crap onto facebook/myspace/twitter/whatever I'd need a full time person just for -that-. So... how do the big boys do this? Are there web tools that can automagically 'copy' your info from a main site onto all these social networking sites?

How do others handle the notion that people don't all come to your web site---that -you- have to meet them on all -their- social net sites?

Thanks,

---JC

2. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Not sure about the rest, but there's a way to post stuff to Twitter when you update a blog Twitterfeed. If you have a compatible one, that is.

3. joerogers

joerogers Guest

I try to streamline my efforts. I am not myspace at all anymore.

FB is cool bcuz you can add apps like reverbnation. You can also list your gigs.

Twitter is cool bcuz you can easily add to it from anywhere with your cell phone. Plus I have my acct set up to post to Twitter and it goes right to FB.

The best success ratio I see is to post about other stuff; cool vids, etc about 9 X for every one post about you. Keeps it entertaining. and then its not always commercial.

the main thing to remember is that these social media sites should ve used for driving fans to our sites. Leave them wanting more as we say in our biz. Give 'em a little so they want to ask for more.

Hope this helps.

4. Suntower

Suntower Active Member

Thanks. That will help. Unfortunately, the Facebook part doesn't work with Facebook 'pages'... only 'people' which is useless for my purposes. If they get that bit fixed it will be -really- useful.

Cheers,

--JC