1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Core2 tricks and tips

Discussion in 'Recording' started by compute42, Apr 5, 2002.

1. compute42

compute42 Guest

Howdy all. I have been poking my head around rec.org and found this place ;) I worked at lexicon as an alpha tester on the core 2 for Mac and PC (amongst other things), while I'm not a code jockey, I have found a few interesting things about it. Here's some things that might help people with problems.

1) be carful when reinstaling drivers in windows, regedit is a bitch
    2) Clicking and popping: Could be a USB problem like lexi sugests, but somtimes when you have too few I/O's activated in the lexpanel that can do it too. Noticed this one when only out 1/2 were open or out 1/2 and in 1/2. Just click on a couple more I/O's to activate them.
    3)The apps that the core 2 really likes are logic and cubase. If your getting a core 2, or are looking for software, try one of these two software apps.
    4)The core 2 is still suported by Lexicon, in other words tech folk will still take core 2 calls. (call em! keep em working!)
    5)Don't expect to see any new drivers anytime soon, and forget about 2k, XP or OS X support... It might work, might not, no guarentees though.
    6)As for open source on their code. I definatly don't think Lexi will do this. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I love my core 2, for the $$$ I got mine at GC for $129 you can't beat it (on win 98 at least)
    The mp-100 is definatly underated, and sounds really quite good.

Chow!
    ~Andrew