1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Could Someone Offer Advice On My Mixes?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Angus Podgorny, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Hello!

I'm a 19 year old aspiring engineer from PA. I've recently set up a webpage for my studio, Sonic Mayhem.

There are a few mixes posted there, under "Sounds", and I was hoping that someone could offer thier opinions and/or tips to make the mixes better overall.

2. Solfatio

Solfatio Guest

Overall, there seems to be a slightly heavy hand on the reverb throughout. The vocals also seem to be a little on the quiet side.

Take that however you want. :D

Unless it's against the sound the *artist* wants, I'm used to hearing this style of music with a lot more drum presence in the mix. I think you could move things around a little (EQ-wise) to give the bass guitar a bit more space. There are a lot of pops and crackles at the end--from tracks ending?

The Lighter Side
    I think the amount of reverb kind of detracts from the drums. On a non-mix related issue, this song could probably benefit from a second (rhythm) guitar line, possibly even a bright accoustic (even for this style, yes). The stereo vocal delay at about 2:00 sounds like it's a little louder than the rest of the vocal track--it's a little distracting, I think you'll get the same effect from it if the delay is kept just a little bit quieter, but not much...definitely better than being louder than the thing it's delaying, in this case. ;D

Personally, I'd raise the vocals a fair amount and keep the delay about the same. I think the guitars could come up a bit, too (maybe just easing up on the compression ratio?).

Is this really what Amish rock sounds like? =D